If you’re stuck for wedding reception decoration ideas, the team at One Stop Wedding Shop has plenty of recommendations to inspire you.
Our styling specialists have been putting together magical celebrations for 18 years and believe the choice of centrepiece is the most important when it comes to decorating your reception space.
And you don’t need to opt for extravagance – even simple centrepieces can have a huge impact!
In this blog we’ve included:
- Why table centrepieces are important,
- A few of our most popular table centrepieces for varying budgets,
- Tips for creating your own centrepieces, and
- 2 simple reception styling considerations which make a big impact.
Table Centrepiece: Why Are They Important?
When it comes to wedding reception decorations, we believe couples should really focus on their table centrepieces, because:
- They are often the focal point of the room and can have the biggest impact on the space,
- They can enhance your venue and add the wow factor,
- They tie your wedding theme together, and
- Your guests are looking at them all night.
Dining Table Centrepieces for Wedding Receptions
The options for table centrepieces are truly endless, but here are 4 of our most popular types.
They are suitable for varying budgets, as we’re able to create them using fresh flowers or artificial blooms (which are also available for hire).
- Ring of love – Perfectly suited to a classic style reception.
Romantic ring centrepiece covered with soft white flowers and crystal accents. We can also include scattered flowers in your choice of colours.
- Gorgeous gum runner – A beautiful design for long rectangle tables.
Gorgeous artificial gum runners which are dotted with roses and baby’s breath in your theme colours.
- Floral arrangement on gold pillar – An elegant centrepiece to add height and drama to your reception space.
Fresh (or artificial) floral arrangement placed on gold pillars. We use colours and flowers to suit the theme of your wedding.
- Gold geo stand – Ideal for a couple seeking a modern vibe for their reception.
Tall gold geometric stands placed on your tables. Flowers or feathers can be added to amp up the wow factor.
*We design the above options so they don’t obstruct the view and we can add accessories to suit a range of wedding themes.
You can browse more of our centrepieces here.
Tips for Creating Your Own Reception Centrepieces
- Use artificial flowers. If you’re creating your own floral centrepieces consider artificial flowers because they can be made up weeks or months in advance.
- Check first the price of buying everything vs hiring. You might be surprised at how inexpensive it is to hire items – especially if you know you’ll never use them again! Here at One Stop Wedding Shop we have a huge range of wedding hire items.
- Add your own personal touches to the centrepieces and table decorations, such as table names with meaning (e.g. travel destinations or favourite movies).
Two Simple Wedding Styling Considerations
- Backdrop for Bridal Table: Guests will be looking to the bridal table all evening and a backdrop behind the head table will make the room look more polished. A few of our favourites include a white curtain with fairy lights or flower wall.
- Types of Chair: The type of chair will also change the whole look of the space. Tiffany chairs, in particular, add elegance and clean lines.
Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
Stuck for wedding reception decoration ideas? The styling specialists at One Stop Wedding Shop have 18-years-experience styling wedding receptions and are bursting with creativity.
At One Stop Wedding Shop we can help create the wedding day of your dreams.
We offer a value for money experience for couples as we have a selection of services on hand, including decorations, styling and floristry.
Attention to detail is paramount to us. Our staff have helped create picture-perfect weddings for more than 18 years and will ensure your day goes off without a hitch.