If you want a celebration reminiscent of a bygone era, the team at One Stop Wedding Shop can help with your vintage wedding decorations.
When it comes to styling a vintage wedding, we believe it’s the finer details that really bring the theme together.
It depends what decade or year couples hope to portray, but we commonly see more lace, textured tablecloths and antique serveware used at vintage events.
In this blog we take a look at ideas for:
- Vintage wedding ceremony decor,
- Vintage wedding reception decor,
- Vintage wedding flowers, and
- Vintage weddings on a budget.
If you’ve got your heart set on vintage wedding styling, this blog is for you!
What is a Vintage Wedding?
Vintage weddings can vary greatly from one to the next, depending on which year or decade you’re hoping to represent.
All of these kinds of events include a nod or historical reference to a certain period in time, but they’re styled in a way which reflects the couple’s modern tastes as well.
Wedding décor (everything from furniture to small accessories) can truly help to transport your guests back in time to the decade you desire.
Vintage Wedding Ceremony Decor
For vintage themed ceremonies, we can help you with:
- French door and window frame arbour styled with gorgeous florals,
- White carpet or Persian style rugs,
- Large displays of big blooms in vintage styled urns and pedestals,
- White rose balls hanging from shepherd hooks,
- Gold frame welcome signs,
- Beautiful posies tied with lace and hung from each aisle chair, and
- White or gold Tiffany chairs.
Vintage Wedding Reception Decor
Many couples use beautiful old glassware and crockery, antique furniture, lace and textured tablecloths to tie their chosen era into their reception.
For vintage themed receptions, One Stop Wedding Shop can help you with:
- Tiffany chairs in gold or white,
- Vintage jars and glasses for centrepieces,
- Leather-look vintage styled white throne chairs and lounges,
- Charger plates in gold, silver and glass.
Vintage Wedding Flowers
A vintage wedding celebration begs for simple and elegant blooms, such as:
- Baby’s breath,
- Dahlias, and
Flowers look wonderful when used on an arbour and pew ends at the ceremony.
They can also bring a sense of elegance and flair to the reception, through the centrepieces in particular.
Vintage Wedding Ideas on A Budget
If you’ve got a tight budget, you can still create a wonderful vintage themed wedding.
Here are four of our top tips for cutting costs.
- Mix and match items you already have with newly purchased or hired items: You could include old family photos, Grandma’s cake stand, sentimental books and vintage toasting flutes.
- Put money towards things that will be noticed by your guests, such as a ceremony arbour and centrepieces.
- Use greenery in floral arrangements: A vintage themed wedding calls for lots of gorgeous blooms, but by adding lots of beautiful greenery through the flowers you will reduce the price significantly.
- Consider hiring styling items rather than purchasing things that you may never use again.
Vintage Wedding Decorations
At One Stop Wedding Shop we can help create the wedding day of your dreams.
We offer a value for money experience for couples as we have a selection of services on hand, including decorations, styling and floristry.
Attention to detail is paramount to us. Our staff have helped create picture-perfect weddings for more than 18 years and will ensure your day goes off without a hitch.