If you’re not sure what flowers you really need to include in your celebration, we’ve put together this wedding flower checklist to take out the guesswork for you.
At One Stop Wedding Shop, we have a dedicated floristry service and believe wedding flowers can really transform a space and set the theme for your day.
But as wedding professionals, we understand just how quickly costs for your dream celebration can add up.
So, in this blog we share our top flower choices for:
- Bridal party,
- Ceremony, and
Along with wedding flower tips for the budget-conscious brides out there.
Flowers for Bridal Party
The most popular wedding flower arrangements to consider for your big day are:
- Bride’s bouquet
- Bridesmaids’ bouquets
- Flower girl posy or basket with petals
- Groom’s buttonhole
- Groomsmen’s buttonholes
- Page boy buttonhole
- Mother’s corsages
- Father’s buttonholes
- Hair flowers – full halo/crown, comb or loose flower sprigs
We have four different wedding flower packages available at One Stop Wedding Shop. They all include buttonholes, corsages, bridesmaids’ bouquets, a bouquet for the bride and a complimentary throw bouquet.
Learn more about our wedding flower packages in our blog here.
Wedding Ceremony Flowers
Arguably, ceremony flowers frame the most important part of the day – saying “I do”!
The ceremony is when you’ll also set the scene for the rest of the day’s festivities.
We work with brides to make your big day a memorable one – and wow your guests – with:
- Entry arrangement
- Pew flowers
- Alter arrangement
- Archway or arbour arrangements
- Registry table posy
Wedding Reception Flowers
The reception is where guests spend most of their time, so it’s worth investing in the floral styling of your event space.
Our team suggests:
- Welcome sign arrangement
- Bridal table floral arrangement or greenery runner
- Bar arrangements
- Cake flowers
- Throw away posy
- Gift table arrangement
Wedding Flower Tips for the Budget Conscious Bride
We understand how quickly wedding costs can add up, so here are a couple of wedding flower tips for the budget-conscious brides and grooms:
- Choose a bouquet with plenty of beautiful foliage and filler flowers and include just a few stems of feature flowers.
- Add lots of gorgeous greenery to centrepieces. That way the size of the arrangement can be increased with minimal rise in price.
- Be flexible in terms of exact flowers used in the bouquet. E.g. Large Columbian roses are much more expensive than standard rose options, and often the difference in appearance is minimal.
- Consider hiring artificial floral pieces for your ceremony and reception, including arbour arrangements or centrepiece florals.
Wedding Flower Checklist
At One Stop Wedding Shop, we have a combined experienced of more than 35 years as specialty wedding florists.
If you’d like our qualified team to create jaw-dropping arrangements for your celebration, or offer more advice about wedding flowers, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
At One Stop Wedding Shop we can help create the wedding day of your dreams.
We offer a value for money experience for couples as we have a selection of services on hand, including decorations, styling and floristry.
Attention to detail is paramount to us. Our staff have helped create picture-perfect weddings for more than 18 years and will ensure your day goes off without a hitch.